Colin has over thirty years’ experience working for public and voluntary sector organisations as a direct deliverer of support, in operational & quality management; and as a Director of a leading UK voluntary organisation, Senior Social Worker, Support Broker, Trainer and Management Consultant.
Colin is committed to creative and flexible person centred approaches and the real and sustained inclusion of people with disabilities, working in partnership with families and the assets already available within communities. Colin firmly believes that when people, who are in receipt of care and support, are empowered to have more control (social & economic) over their own lives, it leads to improved outcomes and a good life for the individual.
Colin is the co-founder and Director of LivesthroughFriends CIC.
Special Skills and Interests
- Assessment alongside all Adult client groups
- Person Centred Approaches to practice and service development;
- Extensive knowledge and skills around self-directed support and Personal Budgets
- Care, Support & Community Brokerage
- Asset Based Community Development
- The leadership of multi-functional teams within the disability sector;
- Multi-agency partnership working;
- Development of new businesses and social enterprises;
- Managing projects/social enterprises and people;
- The coaching and development of people;
- Participatory consultation and evaluation.
- Local Area Co-ordination
- Acting to promote and support interdependent communities
- Committed to diversity, experimentation, collaboration and locally-led solutions
- Working directly alongside individuals, families & communities, implementing sustainable self-directed support approaches
- Enabling clients and their supporters to take more control in order to facilitate innovative and cost effective approaches to complex support and care issues.
Colin is committed to person centred approaches within all his practice, identifying and building upon the strength of individuals’, families and the wider community. He also is a great believer in working in a collaborative way with all stakeholders in order to facilitate the best outcomes possible for the people being supported.
Main Qualifications & Training: Diploma in Social Work, C.Q.S.W (1987) Practice Teachers’ Award CCETSW (1993), GOMAD Coaching (GoMad Ltd), Participatory Appraisal (Edinburgh University), Support Brokerage (National Brokerage Network)
Professional Membership: BASW
Registration: HCPC – SW26291
Insurance: Full Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
DBS: Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check July 2017