Kimberley is a qualified Social Worker and has worked in social care since 2006. Her chosen specialism has been working with Adults with a chronic illness and/or physical disabilities, Older People and Adult’s with dementia. Throughout her career Kimberley has gained a broad range of experiences as a social worker in different settings. These include; community teams, acute and community hospitals, reviewing teams, re-ablement. Kimberley has been most recently working as a specialist practitioner within a safeguarding team.
Kimberley has a keen interest in safeguarding and legislation for the protection of vulnerable adults. This led her to become a qualified Best Interest Assessor in 2013, undertaking Best Interest and Mental Capacity Assessments under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Kimberley is a self-motivated and determined person who is very logically minded. She is a problem solver with an empathic nature and is committed to the person centered work she completes.
Special Skills and Interests
- Qualified Independent BIA – available nationally
- Specialist safeguarding practitioner with a good understanding of national policies and legislations used in the protection of vulnerable adults.
- Undertaking an advisory role for matters relating to safeguarding and DoLS for professionals.
- Experience of chairing meetings and conducting interviews with professionals, service users and their careers.
- Analysing information to identify risks, exploring positive risk taking and identifying logical ways of reducing risks.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for legal action.
- Social circumstances report writing
Kimberley is a very impassioned and person centered Social Worker with a purposeful desire to challenge discriminatory practices and uphold Human Rights. Kimberley places high importance on her continued professional development and demonstrating her social work ethics and values through her practice. She is always looking to gain new experiences and skills to support her practice to improve the lives of those she works with. Kimberley believes that the Mental Capacity Act and DoLS is the most empowering piece of legislation for the protection of vulnerable adults.
Main Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Social Work, Best Interest Assessor Award
Registration: HCPC No: SW52616
Professional Membership: B.A.S.W.
Insurance: Full Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
Enhanced CRB: Available