Lauren qualified as a Social Worker in 1994 in South Africa and went on to complete her Masters in Clinical Social Sciences 2 years later. South African social work is not divided into child / adult / disability sectors but rather focuses on methods of working including, casework, groupwork and community work. Despite this, Lauren has always had a particular affinity for working with older adults.
In 2009 Lauren began locum work in the UK and settled here in 2012. Lauren has swiftly moved from Social Worker to Senior Practitioner and then into Senior Management and Consultancy.
Her experience spans operations & commissioning with a strong track record of delivery across both health and social care. Her personal motivation is ensuring best practice and enhanced performance, resulting in quality services for residents whilst also ensuring best value for money.
Lauren enjoys the challenges that are involved in implementing both strategic and operational change to improve service delivery and system resilience.
She has led on designing and implementing strategic programmes of service development and improvement, redesign and delivery of efficiencies whilst maintaining or improving quality outcomes for residents.
She is able to work in partnership to deliver key outcomes for residents with other Council Departments, NHS commissioners, providers and the 3rd sector.
Lauren particularly enjoys working in areas that require scrutiny and improvement and thrives on being challenged to turn services around.
Special Skills and Interests
- Strategic thinker with experience in strategy development, implementation and transformation
- Successfully leading and managing teams including addressing under-performance
- Able to lead and work in partnership across health and social care to deliver to services/ key outcomes
- Excellent analysis of services in identifying gaps and duplication
- Extensive hospital and community experience
- Lead role in health and social care integration, workforce planning & development in line with organisational redesign.
- Ability to work to tight timetables and deadlines, able to manage multiple work streams concurrently
- Interpreting legislation and guidance and implementing this within services.
- Experience of working directly with a range of senior staff across health and social care
- Effective change management
Lauren is a hands-on manager and motivator. She is passionate and honest. She comes in quietly at first, observes, analyses and then very effectively energises people towards positive change. She sets standards and ensures results are produced in a timely manner. She works from a strengths-based perspective. Lauren looks for sunshine where there is darkness.
Main Qualifications: MA Clinical (Social Sciences)
Registration: Social Work England registered